Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh: The Burma’s border security force (Nasaka) has been not releasing the abducted three Bangladeshi policemen and a civilian since March 13, 2013, Kamal, a trader from border said. “The abducted persons- three police personnel and one civilian of Bangladesh- would be released soon by the Nasaka personnel,” Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) said.
“The abducted Bangladeshis are now kept in Nasaka commander office of area number 3 at Maungdaw Township for further interrogations, and we got information that they are well.”
A battalion commander level flag meeting between the BGB and Nasaka was already held at Taungbro on March 16 and BGB sent again another letter to Nasaka regarding this connection the matter on March 22.
But, BGB battalion commander in Cox’s Bazar sent first letter to Nasaka on March 19, sources said.
However, the company commander of Gumdum sent three letters to Nasaka counterpart earlier.
The commander, Mohammad Khalequzzaman of BGB 17 battalion told that BGB had already submitted the list of abducted persons to the Burma side.
“My counterpart Nasaka commander committed for early release of the abducted Bangladeshis after verification of the papers,” the commander claimed.
According to local villagers, the present government has friendly relations with Burma as neighboring country, but, in practice, we do not see any friendly gestures from the neighbors that it political, economic or otherwise. That is way; Burma’s security forces do not pay any attention regarding the matter of the abducted three Bangladeshi policemen and a civilian.